Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Grasshopper Apocalypse

I just posted a video I made today of the rampant grasshopper invasion at the farm. The locals tell me it started about two years ago and that the insects have demolished a vast amount of greenery.

I've been told by some folks that they spray their garden and yard every other day (with pesticide) to try to combat these pests. I hope to find a natural way so I can keep the poisons OFF the garden. I've been using THIS on them so far, just spraying it around the yard. There's so many of them that I can't really tell if it is working.

Here's the video about the Grasshopper Apocalypse:



I'm not going to worry about them until I have a garden to protect. It thins them out pretty good when I mow the grass but they are back in full force within a week.

Any suggestions?

~OJD

No comments:

Post a Comment