Wednesday, July 17, 2013

More Farm Exploring: Unusual Finds

I did some more exploring this morning and found some cool stuff.

Along the fence line that seperates the horse corral and farm house, I found a manual water pump hiding in a cedar tree.


As I was walking in front of the barn, I found one lonely little mushroom. It is the only one like this that I have seen on the whole farm. Anybody know what type? If it was edible, it wouldn't have gotten me very far...



Over near the old abandoned car was a taller object I hadn't noticed before. I tend to stay away from the tall grass areas now that so many folks have warned me about snakes. I believe this aparatus is used to move bales of hay. Can you see it to the left of the car?


Grandpa used to deliver bottles of milk to folks' doorsteps for a company called Gold Spot Dairy. I believe he worked for them for three decades but I'm not sure now. Anyway, here is one of the old dairy trucks with the truck removed. All that is left is the old "ice box" portion that used to sit on the back of the truck.






This big leafy green vine looking thing was at the base of the water pump hiding cedar tree and all by itself in the middle of the front yard. Not sure what it is. Looks kinda like something grown in a garden?



Some readers suggested I plug any and all foundation holes with expanding spray foam...so I did. It continued to expand LONG after I thought it was done. I could have used half the amount that I used...oh well.



And finally, at the end of a long rain, I caught a rainbow on camera from the front yard:


Now that I've taken a picture of said rainbow, I'm gonna go play with my shotgun to get that girlie feeling off me.

~OJD

No comments:

Post a Comment