Monday, July 15, 2013

Great News!

Random pic day: Wifey in middle modeling
Quick Update:

After jumping through SEVERAL hoops, I finally got a physical address established for the old farm! The Post Office no longer handles it here, some governmental agency for 911 emergencies delegates home numbers. And I got one, woo hoo!

This moves me forward with a giant LEAP towards getting paperwork done for a doublewide modular home. I have been verbally approved by a home builder but they couldn't run the actual paperwork until I could tell them the address that the home would be sitting on. For some reason, they wouldn't accept "west of town four miles, south on the blacktop to the red farmhouse." Hmm, whatever.

Starting tomorrow, the home builder will run the paperwork and call me with my exact interest rate, monthly payment, etc. If they are true to their word (and they literally were ex-car salesmen) then I should know all the details by the end of the day tomorrow or possibly Wednesday.

More great news! The home builder said he thinks he can wrap the price of a storm shelter INTO the mortgage! I'll check the prices and make sure it is reasonably priced but this means I don't have to come up with several thousands more dollars to put it in right away. In-ground shelter! Woo-hoo! Shelter = Wifey happy happy happy!

I was joking with the salesman about how I wish the furnishings came with the home. They always make those models look so nice. That's when he shared with me that his corporate team had decided to offer the furnishings to buyers after the big EF5 took so many peoples belongings away from them in the tornado that hit Moore, Oklahoma a short time ago. Corporate said, if folks need a shelter and furnishings then we'll sell them the whole package.

What? I'm just sayin'...
How cool would it be to see the look on Wifey's face if we came pulling up on the first day of arrival and she walked in to her new house and it was fully furnished? Obviously I wouldn't do everything, like, our bed is the coolest bed ever! It stays. But all the decor and lamps, dishes, rugs, coffee tables and stuff. I think it would instantly WOW her and put her at ease that if we don't get everything unloaded right away, we could still sit down and relax on nice, new furniture.

Anyway, just wanted to share the good news. I'm sure some of you will say for me to check out the prices on everything before I wrap it into my mortgage. Don't worry, I will. I sold cars for four months. I've seen many tricks. My dad is a Used Car Sales Manager right now. Hi Dad!

Oh, and not so sure the existing septic is big enough. I need to have a professional come out and inspect it I guess. My cousin installed the well pump last year. I need to get with him and ask if it will handle my big family of eight. We'll also be wiring in our own electric box but the pole is nearby.

Meeting with family next weekend (hopefully) to go over legal details about me living on the property. Pretty sure I'll be similar to a renter or something along those lines.  Family is excited that I'll be here to take care of the place. I'm excited to be living on such a beautiful piece of land.

Some days things just don't work out.  Lately...not so much.

~OJD

No comments:

Post a Comment