Thursday, June 27, 2013

Video #2: Exploring the Farm and Treasure Found!

Morning ritual: breakfast and videos
I got home from work last night around 6pm (Oklahoma time) and enjoyed a nice nap. There's a two hour time difference between Arizona and Oklahoma so every morning that I've been getting up for work at 6am, my body still thinks it is 4am and not liking it too much. A nice, long nap refreshed the old body and I was up by 9pm working on my second video.

This second video is a little longer than the first. It only took me until about 4am to get this one done. The learning curve on video editing is definitely reducing. I've figured out that a majority of my editing time is dependent on my SLOW laptop processor. Google searches tell me that Windows Movie Maker is a resource HOG on the computer and that Mac computers are better at video editing. Wifey will love to hear that. She's a die hard Mac fan. I'm a PC. Remember those commercials? LoL.

Anyway, the video is up on YouTube titled Treasure Hunting on the Farm.  Towards the end I show some old farming equipment and hope some of you can help me figure out what it is. I hope to get it into the barn and clean it up some day. I have the 25g Bench Top Sandblast Sandblaster Cabinet on my Amazon Wish List so that I can clean up relics like these and restore them. Much like Wranglerstar did on his old apple cider press that he got from a neighbor.

There is SO much rich heritage to be learned from farms like these. I look forward to many hours of adventure and building a sustainable farm that can support numerous people. Today I'll start working on getting a battery charged on either the old Ford tractor or one of the two riding lawn mowers in the barn. I depends on how bad they look once I go inspect them.

Wish me luck! I'm NO mechanic...but it is time to learn!

~OJD



Did you see my note in the paragraphs? I miss you sweetie. Tell the girls I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment