Saturday, August 13, 2011

Gun Question from me, to my Internet Friends.

I'm just about ready to start showing my older girls a little bit about guns.  I initially though I would take them out with my Remington 12 gauge and just show them the basics.  Everything I know is learned from watching friends on church outings or watching tv documentary.

There's an ER Physician female friend of mine suggesting that I NOT start out with a  loud shotgun with young girls as it would probably drive them away from ever wanting to participate with gun usage again .

So I'm asking you, my internet family, if I start slow with nonleathels, like pellet comes, pump guns, etc.  What would you recommend?  I'm thinking about a little handgun that shoots pellets or bee bees. Small enough that they could handle the weight but accurate enough that it doesn't feel like a toy.

I'm thinking handgun first but possible a daisy rifle too.  I don't know whether  to do hand or rifle,  BBs or slugs. . Cartridge or pump action.

What say you on proprly teaching of weaponry to children age 10-14 girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment