Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Why NOT to Live Next to a Highway

About 90% through the fence line
Just thought I'd share a little of our morning fun here at the new rental property. While returning home from morning errands, Wifey called asking if I was in an accident. A few returned questions and she explained that she heard what sounded like an accident on the highway behind us and she was afraid it was me.

Coming around the last corner, it came into view...a minivan careened through our back fence and came to rest in our backyard. Of course this occurred right during our busy morning and now our schedules were delayed. I investigated and collected report numbers for the landlord. I had to pin up Lucky because being the six month old puppy that he is, he's sure to go running straight out onto old Route 66.

I briefly chatted with Police and Fire. The firemen knew us from the house fire a few months ago. "Seems like a black cloud is following us," I told one fireman. He remarked that this was about the tenth call he had been on in the last couple of years for this exact problem in this exact area. Cars crashing through fences was commonplace. He pointed out that it was usually early morning hours and usually right here on this stretch of road after a curve.

No one was harmed, in case you're thinking I'm not being human about the whole thing. Quite frankly, I'm a bit numb these days.





Hope this post isn't too "Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie" for you Brian Buckman.

No comments:

Post a Comment