Friday, September 6, 2013

CPS Returns

Just a quick update to report on current events. CPS showed up at the girls' high school today. They interviewed all three girls individually and interviewed Sis twice. We were alerted by their presence thanks to one of our girls sending a text message.

Wifey headed over to the elementary school to pick up the little girls just in case CPS decided to head over there. There has been no sign of CPS at the elementary school... yet.

Wifey withdrew all three high schoolers today.  We spoke in depth about home schooling with k12.com last night.  We are one step closer to home schooling the teenagers.  Believe it or not,  they don't want to be home schooled... they say.  But,  they also don't realize that every time they report to us about something ridiculous that happened at their school, they are making the case even stronger to keep them home.

Like today,  Wifey and I were informed that teachers are becoming more strict about letting students use the restrooms during class because "someone"  is smearing blood and feces on the bathroom walls.

What the...? Ugh.

Anyway,  the big girls are pulled out.  School officials were even MORE apologetic today than during our meeting Tuesday.  They swore nobody contacted CPS today.  I believe it.  CPS is just now responding to the school's call last week.

I finally called the school nurse myself and asked her for her side of the story.  It was completely different than Administration's story.  I think they threw her under the bus.  She kept saying "I'm just a CNA,  not a nurse"  like it wasn't even her Scope of Practice to call the authorities.  She said that,  as a foster parent herself who had delt with CPS,  she concluded Sis was NOT  abused and that was why she excused herself from the whole situation early on.

I'd she lying? Who knows.  Bottom line,  we aren't going back to that school. But now,  CPS is coming to my house Monday night to inspect our house and (my guess)  to interview the three little girls.

The worst part : I'll already be up north.  Monday is my first day of my new job.  Wifey has to handle the CPS interrogation herself.  My friend Mr Detective,  who specializes in Child Abuse crimes,  is coming over tonight to talk to us. I'm going to see if he can be here when the visit occurs.

This sucks.  Any advice or words of encouragement greatly appreciated right now.

OJD

No comments:

Post a Comment