Wednesday, August 7, 2013

And the Surprises Continue (not good)

Baby snake on a sticky trap in the house!
I shared pictures of the sticky traps full of beetles upon my return to the farm. At least they were stopped in their tracks BEFORE they got to my bed. That thought made me content enough...until...

A closer look revealed a different critter stuck in the quagmire of ooze. A freeking baby snake! Are you KIDDING me? How in the world did THAT get in the HOUSE?!?! Grrr! Several weeks of spraying insectide in and around the farm house appears to be negated by a long week of constant raining. (Although, I must confess, the baby snake did have a weird coolness factor.)

The grass is back up to above the ankles. The bug population has exploded and now I have snakes in the house. I killed two wasps in the house today too. We are back to square one. I really don't want to pull all the baseboards off and seal the entire house. I don't even know how much longer I'll be here. I could be living in my own trailer in a week or two. Time to nut-up and deal (no offense ladies).

About the only GOOD news upon arrival is that a cousin has dropped off an extra brush hog that he found somewhere. I'll be able to hook the Old Red Belly up to it and go to town on all this brush and sticker grass...as soon as I have time.

Got my first electric bill in the mail today. Four weeks of running the window air conditioner (sometimes two, one doesn't work very well), regular light usage and random electronics plugged in (ham radio charger, laptop, fan, etc) and I'm looking at $78.81. I'm looking forward to a day when I have my solar panels set up...yes sir I am.

~OJD

No comments:

Post a Comment