Monday, March 21, 2011

Bye Bye Disney Rewards Chase Visa Debit Card


For a little over a year now my family has enjoyed the purchasing rewards of Chase Bank's Disney Visa Debit card program. For every $200 we spent using the credit card method of paying, we earned one Disney dollar.

The Disney dollars can be spent at Disney stores in local malls, online or at the Disney theme parks.

Imagine my dismay when I read the Bloomberg article titled JPMorgan to End Debit Rewards for Most of Its Customers in July.

The contact number for JP Morgan Chase is 1-800-935-9935. I had to call to verify the story after I read the article.

The Chase website has a link for the Disney Rewards Debit Card but when you click on it, the link does to a generic debit card page (no mention of the Disney card anywhere...ie, further confirmation RIP.) Disney's website still shows it here.

I'm pretty sure, although its Lisa's department, that we earned a few hundred Disney dollars last year through the reward program. Sure was nice when we went on our annual Disneyland trip.

Alas, all good things must come to an end. I, for one, will be happy to sever one more bank affiliation. Goodbye Chase. I believe I'll exercise my option to "bail out" this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment